Friday 10 August 2012

To-Do List


It has suddenly occurred to me that I am moving to America next week. In lieu of this rather alarming development, I have compiled a to-do list:

1)     Remove all bodily hair. I have seen the OC, and do not want to alienate myself from the nubile Californian freshmen with my hairy werewolf face.

2)     Develop an in-built swearword filter. Casual swearing is big in the UK, not so much in America.

3)      Brutally process the books I want to take with me. I have not yet defected to the side of the Kindle- check out ‘I’m Not Going to the Moon’ for a blog on this- and need to be savvy about luggage weight.

4)      Find ridiculous bikini: Done. Toyed with the idea of an all-sequined union jack affair held together with bits of dental floss, ‘just for the craic’ as my housemate put it, but settled for a red polka-dot halterneck.

5)      Accumulate a hoard. Not a supply, not a stash- a hoard. I need a hoard of Marmite and Cadburys chocolate large enough for me to perch on top of it and cackle.

6)      Rediscover common sense. I think I hid it in the same drawer as my passport.

7)      Make a list of packing essentials- am I realistically able to take my fairy wings with me? What are ‘Daisy Dukes’, and where am I supposed to find them?

8)      Say goodbye to Norwich. This is proving harder than I thought, because no matter how hard I try my brain is refusing to process the simple fact that once I get on the train this weekend I won’t be back for a while.

9)      Prepare a range of responses about the Olympic Opening Ceremony, and the Queen’s parachuting ability. 

10

No comments:

Post a Comment